Update: Google has make some recent changes in setting a domain with Blogger platform.Now,we have to add two extra Cname records in order to use Google’s Blogger platform and to verify the ownership of the domain/blog.Otherwise you get an error saying something like – We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain.Error 12.Please follow the setting instructions.
I have written a full detailed post explaining Google’s recent changes in setting a domain with blogger blog and How to setup a domain with blogger blog now.You can read it for more information on creating two extra cname records and setting your domain with blogger.
Hey Guyss !! As you are seeing . . last day i purchased .com domain for ma Blog from Bigrock,I have faced many problems in setting up the Domain and the with the help of Bigrock customer care service and Live chat with them, i setup that then i thought this to be shared among blogger friends and among dearest readers.As i wanna share the knowlege that i have with ma blog.So,following are the steps to setup the domain for your Blogspot/Blogger Blog.Steps to Follow:
- Firstly you have to purchase your domain in keeping in mind the availabilty of it ,If its available you can go further otherwise you have to choose another.For example: if you search latestonnet with .com extension on any domain providers,you never gonna get that because its already taken ,then you have to go other extension such as .info,.in,.org,.net etc.To purchase you have to first Sign Up for it and then login with your info to purchase.Almost all domain providers prefer credit card for payment of Domain but Bigrock is the only for Indian which supports online bank account,and ATM card(Debit Card) also.
- After purchase it just Login to your Account.
- Now click on “Domains”(from Navigation Menu) and then click on “List All Orders”.
A list showing all your domains will be displayed (That are purchased).
Now click on the domain which you wanna setup.
- Click on “DNS”(from Navigation Menu),after it just click on “Manage DNS”
- A new window opened,click on CNAME Records and then Add CNAME Record.Now the main thing comes,we have to just add two CNAME Records,one with Host Name “www” and one without “www”.Adding two CNAME Records would allow us to point both http://www.yourdomain.com and http://yourdomain.com to your blogspot blog. Thus even if someone does not type in the www prefix, he would be able to access your blog.
- Now add CNAME Records firstly with “www” as the Host Name and in the Value type “ghs.google.com”(In second field typing in a fully qualified domain name) and hit on Save button ,you don’t need to change the TTL.
- Now you have to add one more CNAME Record to add just click on Add CNAME Record and leave blank the Host Name and in Value type the same “ghs.google.com” and hit the save button.
- Now the final step comes to link the domain to your custom domain.T do the same just click on Blogspot dashboard and click on settings tab and then click onNext Click on “switch to custom domain” and then on “advanced settings” Here enter your domain with www prefix as http://www.yourdomain.com and hit the save button. Click on the Publishing tab again and select Redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com.
You are done !!
Be a friend of mine on facebook here.
Do you like the post tell me with your comment and for any Queries feel free to comment.