Downloading a file could probably be one of the most annoying tasks over the internet. Even a rocket science can be mugged up easily, but since there is no “formulae” or fixed way to do it, even the “techies” find it annoying when they click on a “download” button and get hundreds of downloaded applications and plugins to be installed. The problem goes all easier when it comes to download over the torrent, never less than an ocean of stuffs. You wish to download any software, video, movie or any media file and you are just short of downloading the torrent file of your desired file to have the same in your download folder.
To download a file in the torrent you need to follow the below steps:
Following features of IDM makes it preferable:
- Low system memory occupancy.
- High speed (5 times of torrent)
- Anonymous downloading
- Ability to download torrents faster with low number of seeds.
Since the availability of any file in the torrent is better than any other option, the best way to download a file could be downloading a torrent file using IDM. Follow up the below steps and you can download a torrent with IDM.
- You should have Internet Download Manager application to be installed in your system.
- You should have the torrent file downloaded in your system.
Process to Download Torrent File in IDM
Using file stream: You can download a torrent file with IDM with file stream. Here are the few simple steps to get it.
- Open your browser and go to file stream site by typing bit.ly/tor2idm to the URL bar. You will get a registration page. Fill up the sign up form with a valid email ID. Once you are done with the sign up process, you will receive a confirmation mail to your registered email ID. Finish the confirmation and log in to file stream.
- If you are already registered, directly go to log in page at https://filestream.me/ and sign in with proper credentials.
- Search for your desired file in the search bar. You will get a list of links to the file of your interest. Whichever file you want to download, look through the right panel of the same link. You will get an icon on magnet bar. Right click on the magnet bar icon and copy the link address.
- Come back to the file stream page and come to the text box and paste (press Ctrl+V). Once the magnet link is pasted, click on the download button to download the torrent file. This will take a few minutes.
- Once the downloading is finished, the status will be “queued” to “complete” you can see little icons under the “Move” tab at the right side top of the screen. Click on the first icon to download the file as a zip.
- You will get a pop up now. Click on “Copy to clipboard” and your IDM will automatically start. Click on “start download” and IDM will start downloading the file.
NOTE: Files which are of below 1 GB in size can only be downloaded.
Let us know below in comments, if you face any kind of problem while downloading torrent files with IDM. We will try our best to help you out.